Preparing and feeding organic infant milk formula is very similar to preparing and feeding any other ordinary milk formulas. Do not feel overwhelmed as this process is a lot faster and easier than you think. Follow the steps carefully and do not try other preparation methods, as it is not recommended by Organic Start or the manufacturer.
We do not recommend adding extra scoops of milk formula or mixing the powdered milk formula with any other powders or liquids.
Instructions for Holle Stage 1 Childrens' Milk:
- Sterilize everything. Wash your hands thoroughly.
Consider using boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Boil new clean water.
Do not use microwaved, artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
Do not use breast milk, carbonated, alkaline or "baby" water.
- Cool the water approximately to optimal mixing temperature: 122 F / 50 C.
- According to the feeding guide, fill 2/3rd of the bottle with the appropriate amount of water.
- Using the measuring spoon provided add the correct number of scoops (refer to the feeding guide - this is generally 1 scoop per 1 fluid ounce of water).
- Level each scoop for accuracy. Consider using a Powder Nest or a clean dry knife.
Do not compress the powder.
- Close the bottle and shake well until thoroughly dissolved (more than 15 seconds).
- Add the remaining necessary water and shake lightly again until solution is evenly distributed and diluted.
- Cool to drinking temperature: 98.6 F / 37 C. Consider holding the bottle under cold water.
Always test the temperature.
- Ready to feed!